Life Outside the City
6 Reasons Why People are Headed to the Country
1. Slow Down and Reconnect – Making a home in farmland can allow you to slow down and reconnect with yourself and the world around you. Now is the perfect time to make this move. Before you jump back into the craziness of our fast-paced, hectic world consider investing in a country home or farmland. Not only is it rewarding to be in touch with creation, but slowing down to appreciate what exists around us is something we all need to do more of.
2. Foster a Better Lifestyle – Living in the countryside makes healthy living a much more achievable goal. Not only does living on farmland mean literally being surrounded by fresh foliage, but with lots of land to walk and explore it’s easy to get moving. Fresh air and stillness are good for the mind, body and soul. Discover your best self by moving out of the chaos of congested city life.
3. Get Involved With New Hobbies – Whether it be raising crops or livestock, moving to the countryside can be a refreshing change of pace. Farming, animal husbandry and owning horses are only a few of many pastimes that you can connect with daily. In fact, these activities could even turn into a lifestyle, if not an occupation.
4. Have a Sense of Community – Small town living is a friendly one. Say goodbye to the cold anonymity of living in the city and join the kind community of country living. Although your closest neighbor may be quite a ways down the road, the time you do spend together all the more meaningful.
5. Great Way for Kids to Grow Up – Living in the country gives kids an amazing childhood of adventure. Create balance between technology and playing outside. With plenty of space to run around, climb trees, and explore, your kids will have a creative and worldly experience. Not to mention the local public schooling systems are small and special. Teach your kids more about the world around them while you experience life on the farm as a family.